Sunday, September 11, 2011

White On White ......



Mmm ok I made one !!!! It took me a month to think about this and I started it last night finishing it off today. There's so much glitter on it it took all night to dry !!!! So thanks Margaret for the challenge ........... it sure was one !!!


This card is for our Christmas card gang, we challenge each other every two weeks to make a Christmas card. Check out the other ladies cards on my side bar !!


So I used 1 white card !!! glittered the edges and then placed a smaller square using foam mount to give a raised effect on the card. I used a snowflake embossing folder and placed that raised onto another white card glittered around the edge. The idea was to give definition ........... My old faithful Cricut machine came into use for the wording which I smothered in Stickles !!! Again I used foam pads to raise it so you could see it !! BUT what I really love on this card are the stars and flowers !!

These are the new Marianne Bauble dies. I cut them and smothered them in Stickles (told you I had loads of glitter to dry last night!!!) used small flowers and then a leaf punch from Martha Stewart placing them all in the middle of the dry star !! so while I may not have liked WOW I will be using these stars on my cards again !! (in fact don't be suprised if there isn't one on the next post !!) I did however get to use up loads of white bits of card I had accumulated on my desk !!

Apologies for the photos, so not good to take pics of WOW ........... !!!

Our next challenge is set by Chris and its Anything goes !!! Phew ..........

Well I had a great morning at Harrogate craft show with my wonderful Auntie, the ribbon came from there but everything else I already had stashed !!! Would you believe I only bought card blanks !!! Oh yes and a Spellbinder die !!!! hehe !!

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Crafting when we can - anything goes
Creative card crew - anything goes
Christmas Crafting - Christmas sparkle
Scrap Cards - Christmas
Crafty ribbons - Festive cheer in September

17 comments:

  1. You've made a fabulous job of it Lizzie and I do love those stars. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous card - fabaroo response to Margaret's challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layering. Great card. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting When Wen Can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card - love those stars. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Lizzie, so loving the stars with flowers in the middle. Great WOW card!!!. Big hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, absolutely stunning and I just love those stars.

    Thank you for joining us ar CWWC with our 1st challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lizzie
    GORGEOUS ....stunning card LIZZIE...Fabulous...must get those Stars....Wow!!!!!!
    HUGS SYLVIE
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS!! Love this! Thank you for joining the Crafty Ribbons Challenge on it's VERY FIRST challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW gorgeous card, so elegant, thanks for joining in with our first challenge at CRAFTY RIBBONS, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didnt know you had that star....I need to borrow it!!!! love the card hugs Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Lizzie. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Cards Challenge Blog.

    Hugs Suze xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always find white on white a real challenge, you've done a beautiful job. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Lizzie. Love the stars. Thank you for playing along at Christmas Crafting! this month.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lizzie what a beautiful card, thanks for joining us this month at Christmas Crafting good luck. Arlinex

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! Love your stars,and the all white is beautiful! thanks for playing along with Christmas Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a little beauty Lizzie! I really did giggle at your dread of the white on white but you'd never guess from the result!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you left a comment ! Thanks for looking, happy crafting.