Friday, September 20, 2013

Rosette gift tags.



Its my turn to do a tutorial this week
over at Polka Doodles.
The challenge this week is
CANDY COLOURS
(Click on the pic to go to the challenge)


I thought I would make these bright
 and cheerful gift tags.
I used Bonbon Belles CD
for my papers and my embellies.
Stick with me, there are a lot of photos !

I realised making another project
I had no idea how to make a rosette !
So I thought I would use one in my tutorial this week.
Sometimes we overlook the simplest of things!

You will need a score board, hot glue gun, papers
circle dies - a large and a small one.
Hole punch tool, gems, glitter glue
String, embellishments for decoration.


Cut strips of paper 1 1/4" x 11"


 Score a strip of paper every 1/4"
Then fold into a concertina


Hot glue the ends together so it makes a circle.
Now form a circle by gathering the folds together
and folding it in on itself to make a circle.
HOLD tight with your fingers !


Hot glue onto the large circle and place the 
folded paper onto the glue, holding in position until it is dry.
(Only a few seconds)
Then hot glue the smaller circle on top of the paper.


Now punch a hole in one of the scallops of the tag.
Cut along the edge of the paper circle 
into a zig zag using the folds.


Tie a piece of string through the hole.


Now the tag is ready for decorating !



I used my Stickles to glitter around all the edges.
When it was dry I stuck my sentiment from the CD
on the middle then decorated with 
butterfly and flowers and of course gems !


Right I'm off to decorate the other ones
Oranges, Pinks and stripes !!!
Have fun !!


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous rosette tag and fabulous tutorial this week. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gift tag Lizzie and clear instructions. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great I'm going to make some of these. Thanks for the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tags look fabulous...Great colours and patterns

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, and your tutorial works a treat. Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you left a comment ! Thanks for looking, happy crafting.