Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Door to My Heart


What a beautiful sentiment this is.
It immediately made me think of my Grandparents.
So ...... of course I had to use them in my card !
Its a year since my Grandmother passed, 
and it would have been their Wedding anniversary soon;
the day we scattered their ashes together last year.
So being my inspiration I decided to make a card to honour them and their love.


I made the card a sideways triple easel card.
I saw one of these on the TV and have been dying to make one.

To make the card you need the following items:
Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret Paper pad
Heartfelt Creations Timeless Amour die set
Heartlfelt Creations Vintage Floret dies
Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters dies
Heartfelt Creations Passage to my Heart stamp set
Spellbinder Grand Circle dies
Additional items are pearl gems, glitter glue, crystal gems, 
double sided tape white card, distress inks and foam pads.


Cut out two smaller and one large scalloped circles
And cut the same from a folded pieces of card, making sure
the edge is slightly inside the circle to create two small cards and one large.
Fold one side of each of the cards in half and adhere the cut circle to the fold
creating three easel cards. 
Ink around the edges of all the cards with distress inks.
Take the larger card and adhere the smaller cards either side so that their bases overlap.
Cut and layer the papers, I chose the paper with a door on to go with the sentiment.


Cut and make the flowers, edging them with ink and glitter.
Add a crystal gem to the centre of each.
Cut, ink an glitter the leaves.
Cut out 4 lattice heats from the Timeless Amour set
and adhere on the inner sides of the smaller easels, under the large easel
and under the left hand side easel. Add pearls to the latter two on the crosses.
Cut the heart die out and use the outer frame over a photo.
Take two other photos (I printed mine at Wallet size) 
adhere pearls all around the frame and photos.
Adhere the photos and, stamp, ink, glitter and adhere the sentiment.


Lastly adhere the leaves and flowers in place and your card is complete.

How I wish my Grandparents were here and I could give them this.
I know they would have loved it.
I do hope you like it too.
Thanks for stopping by !! Happy Crafting !

7 comments:

  1. This card is so beautiful, you can see the love you have put into your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much detail in this, its absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just beautiful.....wow and those dies......hugs M xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly beautiful. A wonderful design and full of such lovely sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Utterly beautiful. A wonderful design and full of such lovely sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you left a comment ! Thanks for looking, happy crafting.