Friday, December 13, 2013

For the Christmas table.


That's the challenge this week for the. DT at Polka Doodles !!!
Make something for the Christmas table !
It's open for Anything goes from anyone tho! 
Check out the other DT's projects and join the fun !!

Polkadoodles and Studio 12

Oh I got so excited at this challenge and its
the last one for our team this year so I got really excited !! 
So I made two projects !!!
I know ........... sad !!! lol !!!

For my first project .......
Every year I make peppermint creams 
to have with coffee after dinner ........
So I thought .......... how about something to serve them in.
Mmm ...... and I would really like to make a sleigh ........


This is what I came up with !
I used the embellishment of Santa flying in his sleigh
and blew it up in my graphics program until
it was a size I wanted, printed it four times.
Then flipped it horizontally and printed four more times.
I cut out and decoupaged and adhered all the pieces together
until I had two sides that were printed either side
and decoupaged on the outsides. 
I then printed a paper from the CD and cut a strip from it
curving one end. I adhered to either side of the sleigh
to make a place to hold my peppermint creams !
I added some tissue paper to make it look glam and of course
I glittered the sleigh stars and words and Santa with my Stickles !
When I showed it to Caitlyn she said it would make a nice gift box too ...... 


My second project was VERY quick and simple.
I made these Christmas trees from papers from the A Home for Christmas CD
I drew a triangle and then drew the same triangle either side of the first
so it was attached, cut out folded and adhered together !!
I used a heart from the embellishments on the CD, adhered it to a 
cocktail stick and placed it down the top of the tree !! 
I thought they would look great in the middle of the table amongst
the dishes stood in groups !

Hope you like my projects !
There is a challenge next week at Polka Doodles 
presented by the other half of the team.
Our Half of the team will be back in the new year !!
Remember there is also the Digi Choosday challenges too !!

3 comments:

I would love it if you left a comment ! Thanks for looking, happy crafting.