Monday, September 22, 2014

Sunflower Tutorial


I am just LOVING these Sunflowers from Heartfelt Creations.
I have been asked how I have made them so I thought I would do
a little photograph tutorial on how I make them.
We all make them different!!


To make my sunflowers I used Rich Cocoa Ink


 I stamped the image onto white 160gsm card
and cut out using my Grand Calibur.
Lay the die over the image so the flowers line up
with the die, adhere the die to the card with tacky tape.
I did this twice so that I have two of each size flower to layer with.


Using Scattered Straw Distress Ink and a finger dauber,
lightly go over the flower.


Using Wild Honey Distress Ink and finger dauber to apply it with.
Apply the ink from the centre outwards to give colour definition to
each petal. Repeat until your happy with the colour.


Then ink the outer edges of all the petals.


To shape the flower turn upside down and run the ball of your 
shaping tool up and down the centre of each petal.
You may need to do it several times on each petal.


Now turn the flower over to the right side and
run the shaping tool around the outer of the centre
so that the petals come upwards into the flower.


With your fingertips pinch and shape each petal.
Some I twist to one side as I pinch.
You can see in the photo I am turning the petal to the right as I pinch it.


Repeat the process for another flower and then adhere
on top of the first flower.
Set the petals of the top flower so they are between those of the bottom flower.


Fill the middle with some glue.
You can use hot glue but I used a tacky glue that dries clear.


Pour beads over the glue and shake of the excess.
I used a Bronze seed bead for my flower centres.
Leave to dry.


And that's it! I make lots of flowers in one go so I have
a stash to fall back on!


To make the card at the top of the post I used Spellbinders die Reflective moment.
I cut a journalling piece from the Classic Sunflower Paper Pad and a
small piece of matching paper to adhere to the bottom to fit the brown card.
which I cut at 3 3/16" x 4 10/16" 
(I covered the join with the flowers and butterfly)
Stamp the sentiment (All occasions sentiments) on in brown ink.
Adhere the layers together and to the card with 3D foam.
Cut out two butterflies from the paper pad and adhere to the card.
Make your flowers and adhere to the card.

I adhered the die cut front to a tent card 3 5/16" x 5 1/12". I trimmed the front
of the tent card so that it was 5 15/16" and wasn't seen at the bottom of the die.
Inside I cut a piece of matching paper 5" x 2 14?16" 
and a brown piece of card 5 2/16" x  3"
Adhering them to the inner of the card.


Happy crafting !!








8 comments:

  1. A lovely card and an excellent photo tutorial. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love sunflowers, wonderful tutorial, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial Lizzie - these sunflowers are so pretty and I love the seed bead centres.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial! I just ordered the collection and can't wait to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial thank you.
    Ros Hodgkins

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tutorials, learn so much and easy to follow, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you left a comment ! Thanks for looking, happy crafting.